Clyde Quay Cleanup with Ghost Diving NZ
16 August @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join Ghost Diving New Zealand for another exciting Wellington Cleanup, at Clyde Quay.
Lets see if we can beat our Clyde Quay rubbish removal record again this time!
Divers and Shore crew needed!
Due to the conditions of this site Diver volunteers must be trained in full face masks and have 25 logged full face mask dives as well as over 50 logged dives in total.
If you plan to dive this clean up it is essential you get in touch with Ghost Diving NZ prior so they can validate what equipment you have and your experience.
9.00am – Registrations open,
10am – Briefing
10:30am – Divers in the water.
1.00pm ish clean-up and pack down.
LOCATION: Clyde Quay Marina, – look for the GDNZ signs.
If you would like to join in the fun and participate as part of the shore crew, you will need to make sure you are wearing fully covered shoes and bring a pair of gardening gloves……. also be prepared to get down and dirty!
Shore Crew are needed to:
1) Supporting the divers, monitoring positions, and ensuring the safety of the other shore crew members;
2) Picking up rubbish from the shore and surrounding area;
3) Collecting rubbish from the divers and delivering this to the decritter station;
5) Recording rubbish collected;
6) Clean up and pack down;
7) Other tasks as needed.
ALL PARTICIPANTS, SHORE CREW AND DIVERS, MUST REGISTER ON ARRIVAL.
• This is a free family friendly event, but children must be supervised at all times by an adult.
• Closed toe footwear must be worn for safety.
• Please bring your own hand protection (gardening gloves or similar).
• Don’t forget your own water bottle and bring sunscreen if it’s a warm day.
• Dress for the weather (warm clothes and jackets) – we go ahead rain or shine.
• This is a site that always has plenty of work for non-divers to get involved.
We look forward to seeing you there!