Changes are being made to VHF radio channels on 1 October 2016.
There is no change to emergency Channel 16, or the club’s CHannel 62, but there are changes to other coastal radio channels and the Nowcasting weather information service.
See the RSM site www.retune.co.nz to see the summary of changes and order your updated version of the radio handbook.
This may be a great time to complete a marine radio operators course. Wellington Ocean Sports is running a course on 5 September 2016. You can register here.
- Updated weather information and Coastguard VHF repeater channels.
- Download the updated Radio Handbook.
- Order a print copy of theupdated radio handbooks and frequency stickers.
- Read more about recreational boating communications on theMaritime New Zealand website.
- Further detailed technical information.