Despite the change in alert levels, the Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club remains open for business, and ready to run some awesome sailing events for members.
There will be a few small changes however, here is everything you need to know.
2021 Port Nicholson Regatta
Our much anticipated Port Nicholson Regatta will proceed this weekend under either alert level 1 or 2 (if extended). The Regatta Committee is committed to a safe and exciting event, though circumstances will require changes to the original programme. We’ll update you as soon as we can.
Prada Cup racing
The Prada Cup racing on Wednesday has been postponed, and so the Wardroom will not be open. We will be open for future Prada Cup finals days once we are back at alert level 1.
We’ll let you know about normal club sailing (rum race/weekend racing) once we learn more about how long the alert level change will last. We will likely continue to sail as normal at alert level 2, but the Wardroom will not open. Of course, we cannot sail at alert level 3.
Wellington Ocean Sports
Wellington Ocean Sports will continue to operate as normal at alert level 2. We have plans in place to ensure that our instructors and our students all remain safe while still having a great time learning to sail.
Functions/venue hire is being managed on a case-by-case basis, depending on the size and nature of the event. For now, we anticipate being able to accommodate all of our bookings.
The Club office remains open, but please call ahead if you need to speak with Jason, Craig, Chris or Marcia. We’ve maintained an enhanced cleaning programme since mid-2020, and we’ll continue to do our best to keep the club house safe for you to use.
Support for members
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support you.
There are some easy ways in which we can support each other and keep our club community safe
- Scan QR codes, and turn on Bluetooth if you haven’t already done so
- Wash your hands
- Keep your sheds and boats clean, especially the surfaces people touch most often
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and call Healthline
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions.
- For functions and facilities, please contact Jason (939-7043) or Chris (939-6703).
- For Wellington Ocean Sports, please contact Craig (939-6702).
- For the Port Nicholson Regatta, please contact email@example.com
- For all other matters, please contact one of your flag officers:
- Commodore Pedro Morgan (021 476 514)
- Vice-Commodore James Snowden (021 066 7032)
- Rear Commodore Katie Hakes (021 184 6802)