Members are invited to the RPNYC 133rd Season Opening Day celebrations. The Wardroom is looking great after a makeover so be on hand to welcome our honoured guests the Chief of Navy, ambassadors from the diplomatic community, and the Mayor of Wellington for an opening day like no other.
We will have speeches from our honoured guests, words from our Commodore, breaking of the burgee and the Ambassadors Trophy race. In addition there will also be our inaugural Parade of Sail and Parade of Power – keep a look out for vessels from Maritime Police and the Harbourmaster!
Here’s a summary of what’s on:
At the club
- 11:00 Skipperâ€™s season registration opens in the Boardroom
- 11:40 Formal Commodoreâ€™s Welcome, and guests speeches in the Wardroom
- 12:00 Breaking the burgee out on the deck of the Wardroom
Then onto the water
- 12:30 boats assemble to the marshalling area – if you wish to participate in the boat parade and haven’t registered yet, please contact Paul Davies (email@example.com) – deadline is 10pm Thursday 17th Sept
- 13:15 Ambassador’s Trophy race
Off the water
- At around 16:00 the VC will welcome you all back to the wardroom for prize giving including presentation of the Ambassadors Trophy by last yearâ€™s winners, the Italian Embassy.
- Then relax and continue the celebrations with our guests at the spruced up Wardroom.
Get the season under way in style at RPNYC – your place to be!