We invite you to join the club
We like people to think of the club as their ‘other’ place, a city bach by the sea, a meeting place on the harbour’s edge, a comfortable place to play, to do business, to socialise and to relax at, right in the heart of Wellington City’s iconic waterfront.
If sailing is your thing, then we have a comprehensive annual sailing programme that is the envy of many a city around the world. We have a wide variety of sailing opportunities from harbour races, to cruising, to regattas, to offshore racing, to social sailing, to night racing and much, much more.
You don’t need to be into sailing to belong to the club. We have a wide range of facilities and programmes which you are more than welcome to take full advantage of. These include a year round programme of social events, yachts to take your family and friends out for a sail, Restaurant, bar and catering, meeting rooms for your out-of-office meetings or seminars, an ocean sports centre for all your boating education needs and function spaces for your next party, big or small.
What are the benefits of membership?
As a club member you receive:
- Access to our annual Sailing programme and social events
- 10% discount at our public bar and restaurant, Coene’s Bar & Eatery
- 10% off the price of Function Room Hire for meetings or parties
- 10% off the price of courses at the Wellington Ocean Sports Centre
- great friendships and professional contacts
- Reciprocal rights at yacht clubs around the world
- Access to discounts at a variety of Members’ Businesses
- Our weekly email newsletter
What are the categories of membership and how much do they cost?
There are three categories of membership – sailing membership, non-sailing membership, and corporate membership.
To sail in most yacht races organised by RPNYC you need to be a sailing member of the Club. We have a number of different classes of sailing membership to suit your circumstances:
- Senior $420 – a person over the age of 20 years. This member enjoys all the benefits of the club.
- Junior $100 – a person under the age of 20 years at the start of the financial year.
- Family $840 – two adults, whether married, in a civil union, or de facto relationship, or a solo parent, living together with any of the children under the age of 20 years in the relevant membership year. The adult Family Members will be Senior members and the children will be Junior members.
- Overseas $210 – a person whose principal residence is overseas.
- Student $210 – a person over the age of 20 years at the start of the financial year and who is a current full-time student at an approved New Zealand Tertiary Education Institute or receiving education deemed by the Board of Governors to equate to full time study.
If you have completed a Wellington Ocean Sports Centre sailing course in the last two months, you can join as a Senior member for just $210 for the first 12 months.
Social membership is a non-sailing membership for those who wish to take advantage of the Club’s facilities and otherwise support the Club.
Some Social members (those who are a senior/sailing member of another Wellington yacht club) have limited sailing rights.
- General $210
Does you business want to have access to our facilities, join our social events and become part of our network? Our Corporate Membership, available to businesses and other organisations, gives you all of that and more.
- Corporate $850
- Benefits of Corporate membership
- 4 individually identified Senior memberships assigned to staff nominated by the organisation
- Cardholders can sign in friends, colleagues and family at the Club as guests
- 10% discount on all room hire
- 10% discount on any team building/sailing activities undertaken through the Club or WOSC
- 10% discount for the identified Senior members at all WHG bars/restaurant, including Coene’s
- 50% discount on a half page Black and White advertisement in the annual Almanac Value
- Invitations to all Club events including open day and any marketing/networking events
- Receive our weekly RPNYC email newsletter
- Logo and link on RPNYC website
What type of membership do I need if I want to participate in racing ?
You have to be a sailing member to participate in the Club’s racing programme.
If you are an active sailing member of another Wellington yacht club you can join as a General member and participate in up to ten races in the 12 months of your RPNYC membership.
How do I join?
- Join the Club online
- Download the membership form
Where do I get a copy of the Club’s rules?
How can I renew my membership?